Are you noticing the unpleasant effects of hard water in your home? There are many reasons homeowners want to get rid of hard water. At Knight Plumbing, Inc., we work together with homeowners in Milwaukee, WI to provide an effective solution to excess minerals in your water.
Want to learn the secret to dealing with hard water? Find out here before calling us to schedule a water softener installation.
How Do Water Softeners Work?
Many rural homeowners have excess amounts of minerals in their water. Minerals such as calcium and magnesium are often found in well water and cause problems inside your home. A water softener works to counteract these problems. Water from your plumbing system enters a separate water tank filled with specialized salts. The sodium ions in the salt bind to the magnesium and calcium ions, capturing them and leaving your water safe to use.
Signs You Could Benefit from a Water Softener
If you experience any of the following signs or symptoms in your home, you could benefit from installing a water softener:
- Yellow or brown stains on clothes, floor tiles or bathroom tiles
- Unpleasant odors coming from the water
- Bad-tasting water
- Trouble lathering soap
- Scale on fixtures
Call us today if you are noticing any of these signs in your home. We will recommend the perfect solution to solve these problems!
Why Is Hard Water Dangerous?
Hard water is the term given to water that has heavy amounts of minerals in it. While there are many inconveniences that arise from having hard water in your home, there are two main concerns that should be at the forefront of your mind:
- Scale: This is a term for the precipitated calcium and magnesium as it dissolves from your water. Scale, or “limescale” collects on your plumbing fixtures and pipes, creating blockages and corroding plumbing components such as your water heater.
- Washing: Hard water also makes it more difficult to wash things. In addition to making it harder for soap to lather, once soap comes in contact with hard water, it produces a grimy film that is difficult to remove.
Take your drinking water to the next level with a whole-home water filtration system. Schedule your installation service today!
Call Us Today
Our licensed technicians will assess your specific needs and recommend a product that is right for you. Other reasons to work with us include the following unique features and benefits we include on every service call:
- Upfront pricing
- Clean and professional technicians
- Guaranteed short appointment windows