Are you noticing the unpleasant effects of hard water in your home? There are many reasons homeowners want to get rid of hard water. At Knight Plumbing, Inc., we work together with homeowners in Milwaukee, WI to provide an effective solution to excess minerals in your water.
Want to learn the secret to dealing with hard water? Find out here before calling us to schedule a water softener installation.
How Do Water Softeners Work?
Many rural homeowners have excess amounts of minerals in their water. Minerals such as calcium and magnesium are often found in well water and cause problems inside your home. A water softener works to counteract these problems. Water from your plumbing system enters a separate water tank filled with specialized salts. The sodium ions in the salt bind to the magnesium and calcium ions, capturing them and leaving your water safe to use.
Why Is Hard Water Dangerous?
Hard water is the term given to water that has heavy amounts of minerals in it. While there are many inconveniences that arise from having hard water in your home, there are two main concerns that should be at the forefront of your mind:
- SCALE: This is a term for the precipitated calcium and magnesium as it dissolves from your water. Scale, or “limescale” collects on your plumbing fixtures and pipes, creating blockages and corroding plumbing components such as your water heater.
- WASHING: Hard water also makes it more difficult to wash things. In addition to making it harder for soap to lather, once soap comes in contact with hard water, it produces a grimy film that is difficult to remove.
Take your drinking water to the next level with a whole-home water filtration system. Schedule your installation service today!
Call Us Today
Our licensed technicians will assess your specific needs and recommend a product that is right for you.
Other reasons to choose us for your plumbing service needs include:
- Upfront pricing
- Clean and professional technicians
- Guaranteed short appointment windows
Don't let hard water damage your home and make your water taste bad. Call (414) 420-0625 today for dependable water softener services. Our technicians in Milwaukee, WI can help with all your water softening needs.
“I called in the afternoon about replacing my water heater that had started leaking and they happened to have a cancelation that day and could send someone out right away! Andy was very professional and did a great job explaining everything to me. He even talked with my father on the phone to assure him that it was "Dad Approved"! It was truly appreciated! He got to work right away and had my new water heater all set up in 2hrs! Highly recommend! Amazing service! I got the Knights warranty with my new water heater so I will DEFINITELY be a returning customer!”Lisa S.
- It's Wellness Month: Let's Talk About Gas Leaks View Article
- How to Tell if You Need a Water Softener View Article
- 3 Easy Ways to Spend Less on the Water Bill This Summer View Article
- Spotting a Leak Coming From Underground Plumbing View Article
- There's No Better Way To Start Spring Cleaning Than With the Water Heater! View Article
- How To Unclog The Kitchen Sink Drain View Article
- Learn More About 3 Common Plumbing Tools - Game Show Edition View Article
- Make Sure the Home is Ready for the Winter View Article