Homeowners who use gas appliances should always be on the lookout for gas line leaks. These leaks are dangerous because gas is a toxic fume when inhaled by humans and animals. It is also extremely flammable and should always be handled by highly-trained professionals like the technicians at Knight Plumbing, Inc.
What Causes Gas Line Leaks?
Gas lines are designed to move gas efficiently from your tanks to your appliances. If there is a disruption in the pipes, or the pipe has sustained damage, you may experience a leak. Some of the most common causes of leaks include:
- Damaged pipelines from dust or dirt floating through the air.
- Old, worn-out gas lines.
- Corrosion or other damage caused by extreme weather events such as large storms, tornados, earthquakes, and more.
If you have recently experienced an extreme weather event, or you are worried that your pipeline has been damaged, call a professional right away, we can often spot the weak point in the pipe and repair it before it even becomes an issue.
What to Do?
If you are experiencing a gas line leak, follow these steps to ensure a quick repair and keep your family safe:
- Call the gas company to turn off the gas to your home.
- Call the experts at Knight Plumbing, Inc. for a fast repair.
- Open all the windows to air the place out.
- Ensure all appliances are turned off or unplugged.
- Evacuate your family and pets.
Not sure when's the last time you had a gas line replacement? Call our gas fitters for a new line installation today.
Why Work With Us?
In addition to thorough leak detection services and comprehensive repairs, we also make the following guarantees and promises to better serve our customers:
- Upfront pricing
- Licensed, qualified help from a clean, knowledgeable and respectful technician
- Guaranteed short appointment window appointments
Protect your property and keep your family safe with professional gas leak detection and repair services. For fast, reliable help in Milwaukee, WI call (414) 420-0625 and speak with one of our experts today.
“I called in the afternoon about replacing my water heater that had started leaking and they happened to have a cancelation that day and could send someone out right away! Andy was very professional and did a great job explaining everything to me. He even talked with my father on the phone to assure him that it was "Dad Approved"! It was truly appreciated! He got to work right away and had my new water heater all set up in 2hrs! Highly recommend! Amazing service! I got the Knights warranty with my new water heater so I will DEFINITELY be a returning customer!”Lisa S.
- It's Wellness Month: Let's Talk About Gas Leaks View Article
- How to Tell if You Need a Water Softener View Article
- 3 Easy Ways to Spend Less on the Water Bill This Summer View Article
- Spotting a Leak Coming From Underground Plumbing View Article
- There's No Better Way To Start Spring Cleaning Than With the Water Heater! View Article
- How To Unclog The Kitchen Sink Drain View Article
- Learn More About 3 Common Plumbing Tools - Game Show Edition View Article
- Make Sure the Home is Ready for the Winter View Article