Properly functioning drains are necessary for the health and safety of any home. When homeowners are worried about their drains and wondering why they are clogged, they know they can trust Knight Plumbing, Inc. for answers. With over 20 years of experience, our Milwaukee drain cleaning team has the knowledge and skills to properly diagnose and correct drain blockages of all types and sizes. Our fully trained and licensed techs show up on time and ensure the job is completed quickly and correctly.
Signs of a Drain Clog
When a drain becomes clogged, it’s important to seek a solution right away. Not only is dealing with slow-draining fixtures a nuisance, but it can also eventually lead to bigger problems if not dealt with promptly. That's why it's imperative you keep an eye out for any signs of a clog. And the best way to know if a drain is clogged is by identifying any unusual occurrences in your toilets, sinks, showers, and bathtubs.
The Warning Signs of a Blocked Drain Include:
- Slow draining in sinks, tubs, or showers
- Water backing up into the sink when a toilet is flushed
- Excessive gurgling in the pipes
- Bad odors coming from the drains
- Bubbling in the toilet
- Unusual sounds in the drainpipes
When to Call for Professional Drain Clog Removal
Not every drain clog is an emergency. However, for many blockages, homeowners will require a professional plumber to make sure the issue is completely resolved. Although DIY solutions sometimes break up enough of the clog to restore the flow of water, they typically leave behind parts of the blockage. The result is another clogged drain just a few months or even weeks after the problem has been “fixed.”
As a general rule, homeowners should always call a plumber to clear away a clog when a plunger doesn’t help. Plumbers have specialized equipment, such as hydro jetting machines, that can directly access the source of the clog to burst through it. If the plunger does work, continue to look out for additional signs of a lingering problem, and consider scheduling a Milwaukee drain cleaning appointment as soon as possible to prevent any future clogs.
How Often Should Drains Be Cleaned?
Many homeowners prefer to get their drains cleaned on an as-needed basis. Others, however, desire to clean their drains preemptively to avoid the cost of repairing any potential damage a severe drain clog could cause. Older homes and homes that have a history of blockages can especially benefit from drain cleaning as preventative maintenance.
At Knight Plumbing, Inc., we like to prevent problems from occurring in the first place. That’s why we recommend having drains cleaned twice a year. Talk to our professionals today to learn more about the benefits of routine drain cleaning in Milwaukee. Or, if it’s a fast clean that’s needed because something is certainly lurking in the drains, we’re the team to rely on.
Get Help From Knight Plumbing, Inc.
With over 20 years in the plumbing industry, Knight Plumbing, Inc. is Milwaukee and Racine Counties' trusted choice for drain cleaning and clog removal. Our licensed and friendly plumbers provide prompt, expert plumbing services backed by industry-leading warranties and guarantees.
More Great Reasons to Make Us Your Milwaukee Drain Cleaning Team:
- We offer same-day appointments for your convenience
- All of our pricing is clear and upfront
- We're a family-owned and locally-operated company with a stellar reputation among more then 6,000 happy customers
- Our technicians are highly trained, courteous experts who will treat you and your home with respect
“I called in the afternoon about replacing my water heater that had started leaking and they happened to have a cancelation that day and could send someone out right away! Andy was very professional and did a great job explaining everything to me. He even talked with my father on the phone to assure him that it was "Dad Approved"! It was truly appreciated! He got to work right away and had my new water heater all set up in 2hrs! Highly recommend! Amazing service! I got the Knights warranty with my new water heater so I will DEFINITELY be a returning customer!”Lisa S.
- It's Wellness Month: Let's Talk About Gas Leaks View Article
- How to Tell if You Need a Water Softener View Article
- 3 Easy Ways to Spend Less on the Water Bill This Summer View Article
- Spotting a Leak Coming From Underground Plumbing View Article
- There's No Better Way To Start Spring Cleaning Than With the Water Heater! View Article
- How To Unclog The Kitchen Sink Drain View Article
- Learn More About 3 Common Plumbing Tools - Game Show Edition View Article
- Make Sure the Home is Ready for the Winter View Article